24 November, 2021
Easy Sarladaise Potato Recipe
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter, goose fat, or duck fat
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch discs
- 8 medium cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Add fat to heavy-bottomed 12-inch non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook stirring occasionally, until potatoes are deep golden brown.
Reduce heat to medium low. Add 3/4 cup water and salt to potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, adding additional water if water evaporates before potatoes are cooked through. Cook until liquid is evaporated. Add parsley, season to taste with additional salt and black pepper, stir gently to combine, and serve immediately.