21 July, 2021
Swiss chard cannelloni
Posted in : Recipes on by : Juan
Spread the love
- For the stuffing: rinse the chard leaves before cooking them in a pot of salted boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and chop them. Then chop 10 basil leaves.
- In a casserole dish, brown the chopped basil with the pine nuts and onion with 30 g of butter. Add the chopped chard. Mix and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Put the preparation in a salad bowl and wait for it to cool. Then add the egg yolk, the ricotta and half the Parmesan.
- Continue with the preparation of a bechamel sauce. Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook over low heat while mixing the preparation for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk. Mix vigorously until the sauce thickens. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep the sauce warm.
- Cook the cannelloni in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. At the end of this period, drain them and refresh them quickly. Drain again before stuffing them with the chard mixture using a pastry bag.
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C.
- Pour half of the béchamel sauce into a gratin dish. Then arrange the cannelloni. Cover with the rest of the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan, then bake for 15 minutes. Decorate the chard cannelloni with basil leaves and serve immediately.