16 June, 2021
Mustard Coleslaw Recipe
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, preferably Texas Pete
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
- For Slaw Mix:
- 1 large green cabbage (about 3 1/2 pounds), finely chopped into a mandolin or by hand
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated in the large holes of a box grater
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
For the Sauce: Beat the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce and celery seeds in a small bowl.
For the Slaw: Combine the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and salt and mix well. Let stand for five minutes, then transfer to a large sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
Transfer vegetables to a salad centrifuge and centrifuge. Alternatively, transfer to a large, edged baking sheet lined with a triple layer of paper towels or a clean tea towel and dry the mixture with more towels. Return to a large bowl.
Pour sauce over vegetables and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and/or sugar.