17 January, 2021
The perfect cake recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray (or oil) to grease the pan
- 150 grams 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons (4 oz) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Set the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Spray an 8 “by 8” baking dish with non-stick spray. In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely boiling water, heat the chocolate and butter until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Sift flour and cocoa into a medium bowl; postpone. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, yolk, salt and vanilla until light, about 30 seconds. beat in a chocolate mixture. Stir the chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until smooth.
Pour the dough into the prepared skillet and smooth the top. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top. Bake until it hardens and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with damp crumbs for about 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for about 45 minutes before cutting into squares.